Monday, January 21, 2008

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Yeah thats how I would classify Cloverfield. The movie was soo great that I have nothing really that bad to say about it. The intensity starts roughly 15 minutes into the movie and never lets up til the very end. Not only does the Blair Witch style filming of the movie make it more realistic, but it allows you to feel like you are right there along with the other characters running from the monster. Definitely go see the movie. The computer animated portions of the movie are flawless and I find it hard to believe that it was only $30 million to make when most movies of this calaber cost well over $100M. Also, I definitely think there is going to be a sequel and some point. I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

As for posting this week, I am not sure how much posting I will be doing. I leave this evening for Cleveland where I will be staying overnight before I leave for Hoyt, Michigan for the day. I will then be in Cleveland for the next day before coming back to Pittsburgh. I might be able to do some postings at night, but depending how how tired I am or how late it is, will determine that.

Adios Amigos and Amigas!

2 comments:

jay said...

I'm forced to disagree. I didn't dislike the movie but I don't think it was excellent either.

m00nchild said...

I love this movie. I've seen it twice already. I'm thinking of seeing it again this weekend.

It really seems to generate interesting responses. Some people love it because they just love it. Others love it as a great example of its genre -- if not a fantastic movie overall. Some people say they didn't love it, but that they didn't hate it. And others just despise it.

The majority of people seem to be loving it.

The only reason I care about all of the above, is that I'm loving it so much that I'm wondering if I'm nuts when someone criticizes the movie.