Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Do Something Sweet for Your Sweetheart

Yesterday the bf and I planned on going to see the movie "The Golden Compass". I was excited to go but what I really wanted to do that night was go see the band OneRepublic who was performing at a venue in town. I decided not to go for various reasons and I was fine with not going at that point. However, after sitting in my bf's car on the way to what I thought was the theater, he asked me to get something out of his glove box with a mischievous grin. I knew something was up but I figured it was going to be something funny or the best way to my heart...something chocolaty. Slurp.

As I opened the glove box I awaited something to jump out at me. Much to my surprise nothing jumped out at me, but yet there was an envelope that said...."Jeff, Open Me" At this point I still had no clue what it was. Once I opened up the envelope, I was very surprised to find a OneRepublic ticket!

Now let me remind you that my bf even told me its not really in his nature to be romantic or do really sweet things. I am fine with that. It lets me be the romantic one in the relationship. But it is always a really sweet surprise when he does something sweet like that.

A few weekends ago, I awoke from a post drunken state, and uttered that I was in the mood for a grilled cheese sandwich and chips. This is not something new as I am always saying that I am in the mood for brownies or grilled cheese. However, this time that I said it, I actually got it. The bf got up out of bed and 15 minutes later he came back with a plate filled with grilled cheese and chips *which he stole from his roommate*. Once again I was pleasantly surprised. Normally if he is gone for that long he is doing some chore or something.

It makes me realize I haven't done anything exceptionally sweet for him recently. Looks like its time to do so.

Do something sweet for someone. It will make their day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who says the romance is dead? I do stuff like this for my girlfriend but I think I do it too often. Sometimes, us guys, do not do things as much ebcuase we do not want you to come and expect things. Remember, sweetness comes mostly from the unexpected.

“Drink Iron City”