Monday, March 3, 2008

Yoga

This past Saturday, I attended my first ever yoga class with the bf. He has gone numerous times in the past and really enjoyed going, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I was expecting some nice relaxation time where I can think about everything that is going on in my life and find some peace with all of it. Did that happen? No. What I got was an intense 1.5 hour workout that made me sweat my soft, round, butt-cheeks off. I never thought of yoga as a pre-football training class, but my god it was intense and mind you I go to the gym 5x per week and work hard when I am there. It was quite the experience. I can now bend my body in ways I never knew before and also know some ways my bf can bend which I didn’t know before **Wink.

Our instructor was pretty cool. A tall skinny nelly guy who was still very enthusiastic despite probably teaching his third class that morning. He walked around and helped people out as needed. I needed help several times because I had no idea what I was doing.

Even though it was much more grueling that initially thought, I still recieved a damn good workout which I am still sore from. I liked it so much that there is a good chance that I will be back for more once I get back from the beautiful beaches of Miami. Which to remind you I leave for in 5 days!!!

No comments: