Thursday, February 18, 2010

Interview - Update

Many of you readers personally sent me messages and comments wishing me good luck on the job interview I had this week. I want to thank all of you for your kind words. I am happy to report that the interview went great and I truly don’t think it could have gone any better. What was expected to be roughly a 30 minute interview turned into almost 2 hours. I clicked really well with both of the people who interviewed me. I interviewed with a woman who would be my manager. She was an extremely good looking young lady with a great sense of humor and even better hair.  I also interviewed with the VP of the department who also seemed quite young to hold the position he has. So as a said it went really well and I am optimistic about how they felt about me. The bad part is that they were going to be interviewing another 5 people after me as I was the first candidate to be interviewed. They are supposed to make an offer to someone before the end of February. Now I just have to sit and wait.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Glad it went well!

Anonymous said...

Don't sit too tight.

Some sort of post-interview follow-up on your part should be to your advantage. Even if its just a thanks for your time. Check with someone more knowledgable than I am, but follow-up shows initiative on your part and reinforces your interest n the position.