Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen RIP

The crazy fashion designs of Alexander McQueen will be no more as it has been reported he has committed suicide only a few days after the death of his mother just a week ago.

I had not heard of McQueen until recently when I heard he had designed many of Lady Gaga's outrageous outfits. So I Googled him and watched some of his runway shows which are unlike any I had ever seen before. And since I also have a love of the weird and odd, I was instantly hooked on him. He clearly had an interesting take on fashion and truly fused art and clothing. He stepped outside the box and was definitely a visionary. I am sure he will be remembered in the fasion community as such. Take a look at his odd designs and amazing choice of music for his shows below.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really sad.