Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stressin

I have been a little stressed as of late. The bf and I have been looking to buy a new house and have working with our real estate agent for the past few weeks to find “The One”. We have has a few pitfalls starting from the beginning. It seemed as though as soon as we found a house we liked, someone else snatched it up before we could make an offer. And the one time we made an offer on a house, someone else made a much higher offer, so we lost it. We have also raised the amount of money we initially wanted to spend on a house by quite a bit. Actually like 1/3 higher because we realized we wouldn’t find want we want in the price range we initially were looking at. However, we are going to look at 3 more houses today and I am thinking we may have found “The One”. And as luck would have it, it is at the very top of our price range with even higher taxes. But I guess we will need to start making some financial sacrifices to get what we want.

All of this would probably be fine and dandy, with me getting a new job and all, except for the fact that I haven’t heard anything back at all from the new job in over a week. On Friday I called to get status on what was going on, no one answered so I left a voicemail to call me back. No one did. So I yesterday I sent an email, and I have yet to hear back. Because of this, I am pissed, and quite disappointed. I am pissed because they don’t have the decency to get a hold of me to let me know if I am no longer in the running to get the job or not when they led me on to think that I actually had it. And of course I am sad because I really wanted it, and even more wanted to get the hell out of my current job. In light of this, my income will not be getting higher, which was factored into the whole house buying thing. It was agreed upon that the bf and I would split the cost of everything 50/50, however, since I do not have the new job anymore, I simply cannot afford to pay for half of everything. It’s quite depressing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you find out the person you need to hear from is either on vacation or is sick. Hang in there and stay optimistic.

Anonymous said...

I hope Sean is right. Hang in there for another week or two.

Keep us posted, and good luck with the house hunt.

kristen said...

was an official offer mailed/extended to you in writing? congrats on the house though, things are still moving in an exciting fashion and i can't wait to see your wedding pics on here about a year from now... kidding...