Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shoutout to Martha

I got an email from a lady I used to work with at GE yesterday. I always really enjoy her emails as she is witty and fun. Martha is an older lady probably in her 50s, had a positive attitude, and quite an affection for boxed wine. She was my savior while I worked there. I had a large corner cube in a very dark room, but luckily I got placed right next to her. She is a huge ball of energy and has been with GE since she was was in her 20s. Packed full of knowledge I knew she would have the answer to my endless questions. Not only did she answer all my questions but she always gave me great work advice. Some that I will never forget and that will prove to be beneficial to me until I retire.

I can only hope that I am as positive as her during that point in my life and career. She came to work everyday with a smile on her face and an attitude that everyone would enjoy. And on every Thursday she would come with a cake, cookies, or brownies in hand for the whole office to indulge in. She made work fun and you almost want to come into work the next day. I want to be that person who makes their day go a little easier.

Just think how much more happier would be if you were the person that they enjoy to work with. Make them laugh, fill them with knowledge, and encourage them to work hard. It all pays off in the end.

Thanks Martha.

No comments: