Monday, November 19, 2007

Cough Cough...Sniffle Sniffle

Its been exactly one week since my last post. I apologize for my few but loyal readers. I was out 3 days last week for a training session for work. During this training, I came down with an infectious cold that many of my fellow bloggers also seem to be catching. I dont blame them though, I blame the bf. He had it a few days before me, but the flem in his throat and his sniffling nose didnt stop me from making out with him. Only the flu and bad breath can keep me away from those soft tempting lips.

So now for the past 6 days I have seen the progression of this icky cold. My colds always happen the same way.

Day 1: Wake up with sore throat.
Day 2: Wake up with sore throat and sniffly nose
Day 3: Wake up with sore throat and full congested nose
Day 4: Wake up with not so sore throat, congested nose, and a whimper of a cough
Day 5: Wake up with congested nose and occasional cough
Day 6: Wake up with congested nose and full on loud as a motorcycle cough

Thats basically where I am at this point. I tried extremely hard to not cough on the bus on the way to work this morning and it was torture. No one ever wants to be the sick one in a room full of people, so I held back my urge to sniffle and cough. Not only could I not breathe out of my nose, but my cough started to make me squirm in my seat. I could only last about 5 minutes before I let out my lions roar of a cough. Of course everyone looked at me with their faces lit in horror that they now are going to catch my cold. Because of this I walked around the bus and coughed and sneezed on each person. It was like a game of tag. Instead of saying tag you're it. I said tag you're sick. Hehe. Fuck off. I am sick, leave me alone.

I fortunately got to call of sick on Friday due to my airborne and highly contagious cold. So I got to sleep until 11 a.m. and then watched a marathon of America's Next Top Model on MTV for the next 4 hours. I now know how to walk down a run way like Ms. Jay. Well, lets be honest, I was able to walk like that before this show anyways.

Now its time for a little rant about MTV. Sure they dont play music videos anymore. That sucks. Sure they play reruns of the same show over and over again. But please God, if I see one more commercial with Alicia Keys I am going to cut off my ears then pry out my eyeballs with a shiny stainless steel spoon. I am by no means exaggerating when I say that they play a commercial with Alicia Keys in it at least twice per commercial break. Once in the beginning and just in case you forgot who she was, one at the end. This happened EVERY commercial break for 4 hours!!! Of course when the bf and I switched on MTV on Sunday to watch A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, there she was, Alicia at her finest, twice a commercial break. WTF MTV, you are making people hate her instead of like her. I will now not listen to any of her songs for at least 2 years. Good Marketing strategy idiots.

No comments: