Thursday, July 26, 2007

Men in Black

So a major opportunity has come my way. I have been writing about the fact that I hate my current new job. I have been contemplating looking for a new job, but I received an email today that might make my decision a little easier. So at a job fair many months ago I talked with the CIA about their job opportunities. I must have talked to the recruiter for an hour and a half and I left feeling pretty confident about our conversation. SO some time later I was offered an interview and what not. Long story short, I never took the job with the CIA. And since then, they have come to me several times trying to get me to work for them.

The opportunity has come again however for me to take a job with them. It would be for an Operational Logistics Service Officer position. Dont ask me what that means cause I dont even know. It would be based out of Washington DC, which is what for me creates the dilemma. I am not sure I am willing or ready to move from Pgh so soon. I am finally getting comfortable with the city. I have met a great group of friends, and obviously there is "the boy". I dont know if I am ready to relocate so soon after just relocating here! I know absolutely no one there, and I dont know if I want to live in DC.

So I am not sure what I am going to do in this situation. They basically said that if I pass all the required tests, the job is mine. So knowing that I can pass any test they throw at me, I have a new job if I want it. Since I have started living here as an adult, I have been seeing myself starting a life here. Not in another city or state. I started to believe that Pittsburgh was the place for me. But an opportunity to have a great job with the CIA may make me reconsider everything I have been envisioning. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with this situation.

1 comment:

jay said...

Life throws curve balls at you. Before you take this job, make sure you know the intimate details of what you'll be doing. You do not want to job hop too much if you don't like it.

DC is a pretty cool place. Alot of my friends moved there after graduation. While this may mean another loss for Pittsburgh, do what's best for you.

And at this point, the boy shouldn't even be factored into this decision given that things haven't really progressed that much.

Whatever you do, just make sure you're happy.

We could probably talk on AIM sometime. Shoot me an email at gayjay.blog@gmail.com if you're interested.