Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thyroid Cancer Update

As an update on the cancer, I dont know much. I dont have a followup appointment until March because my doctor was booked up until then. Nice, right? At that point I will have more testing done to see if the radiation worked, or if it didnt take. Obviously I am hoping for it to be done and over with. If everything pans out like it should, I will just be on a simple medication that I take once a day for the rest of my life. If the radiation didnt work, I have to go through the process all over again.

In regards to how I am feeling, I dont really feel much different than before. I still have some of the same symptoms *shakiness, memory loss, fast heart rate, etc* that I had before my treatment which makes me a little worried, but I am assuming it takes my body a while to be normal. So other than those things, I am feeling nothing abnormal or dont feel any different.

3 comments:

Craig said...

"shakiness, memory loss, fast heart rate"

Are you sure that's not the N.O. Explode? :-P

Wishing you a speedy recovery and no more radiation!

Sam. I. Am. said...

babe, you'll be fine. At least you got some treatment. It could be a lot worse if they didn't spot it at all, right?

jay said...

I agree with Sam. Cheers mate.