Friday, November 21, 2008

10 Years

Thanks to Sam, for giving me this topic to write about. I will make sure I mention all topics in posts after this one. Sam asks, "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" This one is easy although perhaps not so easy to achieve.

In 10 years I hope my life is drastically different than it is now. Its crazy to think that in 10 years I will be 33 years old. God that seems so old to me. And it makes me feel so young now. Currently, my everyday routine is pretty unfulfilling. I wake up , go to my job, go to the gym, make dinner, go to bed. Not that exciting. I feel like I achieve nothing on an everyday basis. Now I understand that keeping myself healthy and loving my boyfriend are good things, but when you look at the big picture it is all so minuscule.

So to now answer the question, in 10 years I hope to be a Dad. I think this out of all of my ambitions is the one that will be the hardest to achieve. When you think of the cost, the adoption/surrogate scenarios, employment, there is a ton of work that leads up to having a baby. And of course, I can't become a Dad at such a young age without a husband by my side.

So in 10 years, I also want to be a husband. Notice I used the word husband and not partner. I hope that in 10 years, we wont just have civil unions, but full on gay marriage. And I will take advantage of this once it becomes available to us, and then I can finally have my trannylicious husband.

In 10 years, I am not sure where my career will take me because of the kid I will most likely be having. However, I do want a career that I actually love. And that supplies me with enough to cash to have a nice home, raise a child, and buy my ferosh husbear nice gifts at Christmas time. My dream job is to be a Marketing Exec. of some sort. Creating ad campaigns and working with clients to develop a marketing strategy. So something in that would be pretty awesome, even though I am not even in that line of business currently. I am not sure if my current job as a Buyer will ever overlap into marketing per say but who knows.

And lastly, in 10 years, I hope that I am still sane, and I have my life on track. I am sure I will have some tragedies thrown in between now and 2018, and I hope I can overcome those and still keep my life moving in a positive direction. Now, even if I dont have a kid, or have a husband, or have my dream job, I really hope I am content or somewhat happy. I obviously wouldnt have accomplished my goals, but hopefully there was a good reason as to why I didnt. Like I lost both my legs or went blind or something, then I wont feel to bad about it.

So thats my answer. See you in 10 years!

3 comments:

GumbyGuy said...

Very nice ;)

jay said...

This question is notoriously hard for me to answer, especially during job interviews.

I concur on wanting a husband and a child.

With regards to my professional goals, one thing I do know is that I want a legacy (with the accompanying Wikipedia entry lol).

I want to have accomplished something great and be known for it.

Something that my kid's kids know about and are proud of (or even run someday maybe?)

Of course, this probably won't happen in 10 years (I'll only be 34 then after all) but that's what I want.

I have a habit of having very far reaching goals and desires. Oh well, aim for Mars, hit the moon.

KPIT Technologies Placement Papers said...

Thankz for such an interesting and informative post.