Monday, October 8, 2007

Mom....I'm gay

So I have basically been a huge bum at work again today due to reading random blogs. Today was a day I have dedicated to reading coming out stories. They are always fascinating to me and are sort of uplifting. Mostly everyone in my life knows about my orientation which for the most part is very good. All of my 4 sisters know. They acknowledge it and have met my current Bf and like him just as much as I do. Thank god! However, everyone else in my immediate family sort of knows but we dont talk about it. I have never really told any of my 4 brothers or my mom or dad. I never really had to. I started bringing around my last boyfriend alot, so they sort of got the hint. They let me know they are ok with the gay thing without really saying so. The person I want to talk to more about this aspect of my life is my mom. We are very close. I am her favorite kid. Out of 9. She doesnt say it, but I know its true. The favorite kid always knows when they are the special one. It sucks because I talk to her about everything that is going on in my life except this aspect. Considering I have a new boyfriend who I really really like and alot of my life has to do with him and our mutual gay friends, a huge chunk of my life she is in the dark with. I feel bad because I feel that out of everyone who should know this and who I should talk to it about, it should be her. And its not.

Since she already knows, I should just say one day on the phone, "Hey Gurl, I have a new boyfriend. And we have been dating for almost 4 months." And just be silent. Well, maybe leave the hey gurl part out. I hope sometime soon I can start to be open with all of my life, and not just the boring stuff.

2 comments:

Troystopher said...

October 11th is National Coming Out Day.

Chicago's Bi Guy said...

Wow.. I was actually going to make the same comment that troystoper just said.